Making sure the gas appliances in your home are safe could save your life. An unsafe boiler, cooker or heater could cause fire, explosion or carbon-monoxide poisoning. The law says we must regularly maintain the gas appliance we provide for you, to ensure they safe.
Mount Green have a legal duty to ensure that the every gas appliance we provide in your home is inspected every year and has a valid gas safety certificate. Our policy is to service your gas appliance every 10 months. You are responsible for your own gas appliances.
The safety certificate is valid only if a Gas Safe Registered engineer issues it. It lasts for one year and engineer can issue it only after they have completed a safety check.
Robert Heath Heating are Mount Green’s heating & hot water contractor. They carry out gas safety servicing and maintenance and repairs to gas-powered heating and hot water systems.
Telephone: 0203 764 3975
When the service is due, Robert Heath Heating will write to you with an appointment. If you can’t keep the appointment please call them on the telephone number provided.
If you are out when the engineer calls and you don’t rearrange the appointment within 1 week, Robert Heath Heating will offer you another appointment and we may ask Robert Heath Heating to call without an appointment.
Always ask to an engineer’s Gas Safe ID card and check the back of the card to ensure they are qualified to carry out the specific type of gas work you need.
The Gas Safe Register is the official list of gas engineers who are registered to work safely and legally on gas appliances. Anybody working with gas has to be Gas Safe registered by law. Report someone working without registration or call GAS Safe Register on the free phone number 0800 4085500.
How to keep you and your home safe
- Make sure you have an annual gas safety check
- Check for warning signs your appliance is not working correctly
- Don’t use a gas appliance if you have any doubt that it isn’t working properly, if in doubt call Robert Heath Heating.
- Know the six signs of carbon monoxide poisoning – headaches, dizziness, breathlessness, nausea, collapse and loss of consciousness.
- Have an audible carbon monoxide alarm
- Never carry out any gas works yourself
- Make sure you know where to find your gas meter and how to turn it off in an emergency.
- Never block up air ventilation points
To report a gas leak:
If you smell gas or suspect there is a gas escape, you should immediately do the following:
- Open all doors and windows
- Shut off the gas supply at the meter control valve, if you know where it is
Call National Grid on the Gas Emergency Freephone number 0800 111 999