Mount Green are responsible for maintaining and testing the electrics in your home. We test and inspect all our properties and buildings at least every once every 5 years and test and inspect properties before re-letting them to new tenants.
To keep your home safe;
- Make sure you know where your fuse box off, in an emergency you may need to turn the mains switch off
- Never overload sockets or plug adapters into other adapters
- Maintain any electrical items you bring into your home
- Ensure plugs and sockets are not visibly damaged
- Check visible leads and cables are in good condition
- Check light fittings are not visibly damaged and in good condition
- Never store combustible materials near the fuse box or the electric meter
You must inform Mount Green of any electrical issues as soon as they occur. Never carry out any electrical repairs yourself.
For further information on electrical safety at home please read the Electrical Safety Council’s guide ‘How safe is your home’