Domestic abuse is an incident or pattern of incidents of controlling, coercive, threatening, degrading and violent behaviour. If you are suffering Domestic abuse please contact us immediately. To find out more about the role we play in tackling domestic abuse, please refer to our Domestic Abuse and Violence Against Women and Girls policy by clicking here.
If you think you might be experiencing domestic abuse, or you might know someone who is, or are concerned about your own behaviour, help is available.
You can contact the following help services Monday to Friday between 9am and 4pm:
- East Surrey Domestic Abuse Services – 01737 771350 – covering Reigate and Banstead, Mole Valley and Tandridge, including Salfords, Dorking, Leatherhead and Oxted.
- Your Sanctuary – 01483 776822 – covering Woking, Runnymede and Surrey Heath, including Chertsey, Addlestone, Egham and Byfleet
- North Surrey Domestic Abuse Services – 01932 260690 – covering Epsom and Ewell, Elmbridge and Spelthorne, including Cobham, Oxshott, Staines and Ashford.
- South West Surrey Domestic Abuse Services – 01483 898884 – covering Guildford and Waverley, including Godalming, Farnham and Merrow.
Outside office hours, you can call the Your Sanctury Surrey-wide helpline on 01483 776822 between 9am and 9pm, seven days a week.
Anyone under the age of 19 who feels unsafe in their relationship can contact Childline for support.
In an emergency, you should dial 999.
You can also speak to your Neighbourhood Officer who is trained and able to provide advice and support to ensure your safety.
What Mount Green will do?
If you are experiencing Domestic Abuse we will:
- Offer you to speak to someone in our team who you will feel comfortable with
- Set out an action/safety plan
- With consent Refer you to the appropriate DA Partner Agency
- With consent in some cases, we will refer your case to your local authority Multi Agency Risk Assessment Conference (MARAC).