Aids and Adaptations

Our Neighbourhood Officers can also help facilitate minor aids & adaptations to your property if it does not meet your needs, e.g. due to you or your family’s disabilities, if the works would cost £500 or less, please note:

  • It is the tenants responsibility to refer themselves to the Occupational Therapist (OT), the OT will need to complete a financial appraisal too. Once this is completed, please ask your OT to contact us
  • Once we receive the OT report, we will ask our repairs team for a quote and complete the a request form for internal approval
  • Once approved, we will submit the paperwork to our property team and the contractor who will liaise with you (and the OT if required) regarding booking in and completing the works

If your proposed aid/adaption will cost more than £500, please ask your OT to contact us directly to discuss as they may be able to apply for a Disabled Facility Grant (DFG) on your behalf if you are in receipt of means-tested benefits.