Frequently Asked Questions
My Independent Living Service
- A customer service team providing housing management support.
- A small team of Independent Living Officers to act as key contact.
- Assistance in sustaining all aspects of your tenancy.
- Respond to and carry out checks to the telecare community alarm system.
- Carry out risk based tenancy and wellbeing reviews to help identify areas that you need help and support in.
- Regular welfare checks to ensure your safety and wellbeing.
- Assist you to get support from other organisations and agencies.
- Look after the general running of your scheme, including safety, security and reporting communal repairs.
- To seek your views on the services we provide.
- Respect your privacy, confidentiality and independence.
It is not the responsibility of the Independent Living Officer to:
- Carry out any nursing or personal care services.
- Counselling or befriending services.
- Do your personal shopping or cleaning.
- Provide any transportation.
- Collect your pension or handle your personal money.
- Collect your prescription for you or administer medications.
- Help you make or witness your will.
- Report your repairs or give contractors access to your property.
The Independent Living team have access to a master key for accommodation at your scheme. This will only be used in extreme emergencies and if the Independent Living Officer needs to access a property to go to the aid of the resident. If required, this key may be used by the emergency services. For this reason, please do not add any additional locks or chains to your property.
The support service gives us the flexibility to move staff from scheme to scheme to ensure adequate cover is in place. When the team is off-duty, attending meetings and training courses or away from the scheme, the telecare community alarm system is linked to the Mole Valley call centre who will deal with any emergencies that arise.