Your Neighbourhood Service
Your Neighbourhoods Team is here to work with you to support sustainable tenancies and communities. They will be visible and approachable in our neighbourhoods, taking pride in our estates and trying to make a difference every day. They will take responsibility for delivering the best possible service to you and your neighbours, placing our residents at the heart of everything we do in our neighbourhoods.
What are their priorities?
- Deliver a great neighbourhood service
- Be positive and customer-focused
- Tailor our services to local and individual needs
- Encourage resident involvement in everything we do
- Improve communication with residents
- Continually raise our standards
- Deliver a service we can be proud of.
What can I expect from my Neighbourhood Officer?
You can expect your Neighbourhood Officer to:
- Be positive, enthusiastic and maintain a ‘can do’ attitude at all times
- Strive to make a real difference to improve our estates and services
- Listen to you and take a proactive approach to address any issues
- Value you as an individual and responding to your needs in a positive way
- Treat you with respect, patience, politeness and understanding
- Make themselves known locally; being accessible and approachable
- Respond personally to any request for help or advice
- Take a proactive approach to issues including anti-social behaviour
- Keep you informed about what is happening on an issue
- Be honest about what Mount Green can and cannot do to help
- Keep their promises and do what they say they will.
If you think you might be experiencing domestic abuse, or you might know someone who is, or are concerned about your own behaviour, help is available.
You can contact the following help services Monday to Friday between 9am and 4pm:
- East Surrey Domestic Abuse Services - 01737 771350 - covering Reigate and Banstead, Mole Valley and Tandridge, including Salfords, Dorking, Leatherhead and Oxted.
- Your Sanctuary - 01483 776822 - covering Woking, Runnymede and Surrey Heath, including Chertsey, Addlestone, Egham and Byfleet.
- North Surrey Domestic Abuse Services - 01932 260690 - covering Epsom and Ewell, Elmbridge and Spelthorne, including Cobham, Oxshott, Staines and Ashford.
- South West Surrey Domestic Abuse Services - 01483 898884 - covering Guildford and Waverley, including Godalming, Farnham and Merrow.
Outside office hours, you can call the Your Sanctury Surrey-wide helpline on 01483 776822 between 9am and 9pm, seven days a week.
Anyone under the age of 19 who feels unsafe in their relationship can contact Childline for support.
In an emergency, you should dial 999.
To find out more about the role we play in tackling domestic abuse, please refer to our Domestic Abuse and Violence Against Women and Girls policy by clicking here. You can also speak to your Neighbourhood Officer who is trained and able to provide advice and support to ensure your safety.
How can I contact my Neighbourhood Officer?
Below is an outline of who covers which area, though any member of the team should be able to help resolve any of your housing related queries, so don’t hesitate to get in touch via customer services on 01372 379555 or email email@example.com.
Neighbourhood Officer Patches
Your Neighbourhood Service
Neighbourhood Manager Patches
Housing Services Manager
Neighbourhood Officer: Reigate & Banstead, Epsom & Ewell, Kingston & Richmond, Crawley
Neighbourhood Officer: Guildford, Woking, Waverley, Runnymede, Surrey Heath, Spelthorn, Tandridge and Shere
Neighbourhood Officer: Mole Valley