I receive Universal Credit that is paid directly to Mount Green. Why have you sent me this notification?

It is your responsibility to ensure your rent is paid, regardless of whether you are in receipt of any benefits. You must notify Universal Credit of your new charges to ensure you are receiving the correct amount of housing benefit.

To report the annual rent change for your UC claim, complete the “Confirm your housing costs”, on the date of change of rent. You can find more information about updating your UC claim here or visit https://www.gov.uk/housing-and-universal-credit