Archives: FAQs

Can I buy more shares in my home?

Your lease will include details of buying more shares. This is called staircasing. In most cases, our shared owners can buy more shares. Please tell Mount Green if you would like to buy more shares and we can give you more information on how this works and the costs involved for valuation and legal fees.

How can I apply for shared ownership?

To apply for a shared ownership property, you must first register on the Help to Buy website. All of our shared ownership priorities are listed and allocated through this website. You should also register with your local Authority to be considered for a shared ownership property.

Who is responsible for buildings insurance for shared ownership homes?

Where Mount Green is the freeholder, Mount Green is responsible for the buildings insurance policy. This is for all of our shared owners until 100% of shares are purchased. Where Mount Green is not the freeholder of the property, there is a management company which will be responsible for the building insurance.

Is Mount Green looking to build or acquire new homes?

YES! We are keen to grow and help more people find good quality, affordable homes. We are always happy to talk to land owners, builders and developers who have opportunities for us to provide more new homes. Please contact Angela or Abby on 01372 379 555.